Thursday, December 22, 2016

and it will be yesterday morning tonight

Over the years since we moved here, the bottlebrush bushes that overlook the parking spaces have become larger and more top-heavy. Some time ago, a large branch from one toppled over and landed in my parking space, fortunately not while I was parked in it.

It took four days for someone to come and clear it out, and it's taken 2 1/2 years (I know, because I mentioned the incident in a post at the time) until someone showed up yesterday saying he was going to trim the bushes. On the other hand, though they said it might take 3 days to do the job, it took only one.

Now they look pretty bedraggled, because they shouldn't have had to wait this long to be trimmed. I should have taken before-and-after photos.

In other news: I am used to seeing signs painted on the roadway reading LANE BIKE or CLEAR KEEP. Today, in the tony suburb of Los Gatos, I found a variant, new to me, of the latter: BLOCK NOT DO.

No comments:

Post a Comment